Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Experiences: 'Spooky' true story

'Spooky' true story
YOU KNOW, sitting in a car for 4 hours isn't my mind of fun. I bet it isn't your mind of fun either. It's even less fun when your car catches on fire.

That was last Friday. I had promised my little sisters that I would throw it to their year end dance recital. It was a really big deal because our mother had passed away violently at the beginning of the month.


He obviously wouldn't be capable to get the recital. So I view it might bring sunshine to my sisters lives if they saw more family show-up. That meant that come hell or high water I was going to be there when the curtains peeled..

Of course, I didn't wait the flaming automobile part of the journey. The car just had a vast mechanical overhaul. I even bought four new tires.

It was just to go for another year. Or so I thought.

Because it caught on fuel and forced us to rip off the route in some town I didn't quite remember from my childhood.

I was most ready to blaspheme our destiny and gripe the car in a savage fit of fury when I suddenly realized where we broke down.

The uncanny thing is, we broke down at my father's auto dealer. This is where he purchased his truck and brought it in for maintenance.

F.O.R.D.

Drivers Return On Foot if you ask me.

It was disturbingly convenient that we broke down in the drive of my father's Ford dealership while driving a Ford.

Not just that. But they merely had the one start in stock anywhere nearby. What's more, they just had minutes to put it when they found out we desperately needed it.

Or we would have been stranded half a week. :-(

Now I don't know about you.

But I don't normally think in "hokey pokey" angels, ghosts, or miracles.

Still, you order me what the odds are...

If you were to labor for 4 hours just to go land in the drive of your father's Ford dealer and mechanic.

And when I say, in their driveway, I think it.

Because the car didn't start filling with white smoke till we were there.

It was the real first driveway we noticed. We pulled in.

Not even kidding.

The full word is, we broke down so near to town that my aunt was capable to blame us up and we really made it to the dance recital that night!

The grin on my little sisters faces was plenty to do it all worthwhile.

I hate to break my "manly" image BUT I CRIED when they danced knowing that my mother would have been sitting there watching too if he could.

But I hold a tone that he was watching over us all. If he possibly could be.

It reaffirmed my opinion that yet in the darkest, most frustrating moments of our lives, like when a house member passes away, or your car "catches on sack" in the heart of nowhere...

That there's some reason why it all happens. Whatever that is.

You know, sometimes it's like you get to "lift a peep" behind the curtains of fortune and see the diminutive man on the president with the big booming voice...

You can visit him God if that's your opinion or religion.

You can claim it destiny or destiny if it's not.

I don't like what it's called so often as I know it's there.






source



No comments:

Post a Comment