Friday, May 27, 2011

First Reveries

First Reveries
Hey guys,

Told ya I'd be back soon.

Keeping on with my latest obsession of the band Opeth: I spun their eighth album, 2005's "Ghost Reveries" tonight for the start time.

Kneejerk reaction: I'm fucking blown away...

Anyway.Like "Damnation", this album spawned a music video.

he only one from the album was called "The Grand Conjuration".Here's the music video.

The Grand Conjuration



So, there's that.The only one from "Ghost Reveries" and rather the distressing and spooky video to go with.

Also, I ground it interesting to teach that Gene Hoglan (of Husky Young Lad and many other projects) played drums on but this course of the album.One last note near the strain is that it's actually about twice this long on the album.Ahhhh, radio singles, huh?

The only other matter I take to deal with you guys about this album (at the chance of sacrificing my manhood) is that it brought me to tears at one point.From the television for "The Grand Conjuration" above, you might imagine that I was frightened to destruction and weeping for my mommy, but I was really MOVED to tears.

There's a call on the album called "Hours of Wealth".I'm not gonna post it now (because it's almost certainly going to be one of my faves for the mini-review), but it's a variety of sad, almost bluesy kind of song (which goes to render you the versatility of this band) and it's absolutely beautiful.

Anyway, now that you've all discovered I'm an artsy pansy, I'll ask my will of you.Just wanted to make those couple things out there about "Ghost Reveries".

I should be back soon.Any of you that were privy to my chronicles here on the blog of my sentence in London last year will hopefully be getting the like treatment for the metropolis of New Orleans beginning in just ended a week.I wanna try and get back here with perhaps even some other things before that, though.

A few of you have tweeted at me and Facebooked me to let me know you're reading and I thank you wholeheartedly.It means the world.Take charge and...

Peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment